Today I'm going to give you my opinion about what would be a Great Copywriter. A Copywriter is the person that works in the Creative Department with the Art Director, as they depend on each other.
In my opinion, this is the list of the important things to take into account if you want to be a good Copywriter
- Write down new ideas: Always have a notebook so you can write whatever you think in a moment: new words (or new images that can be transformed into new words), new concepts, etc.
- Think different: It's not only about thinking what you are going to sell, but how is it going to be sold. This means being creative to write a good text in a few space or lapse of time. It will depend on what kind of media you are going to use for the advertising. For example, on Twitter, you have to advertise your product or your company in 140 character or less.
- Think about your target and what they want from the product: Adapt the product information to the target needs.
- Take care of you writing: Don't be rude or impolite and be careful not to make grammar mistakes.
- Look for synonyms in the dictionary: The more you investigate, the better your advertising will be.
- Read lots of poems: They will make you learn new beautiful words and how to create metaphors
And that's all from me. What also would you add for the list? Let's keep growing it as much as we can!
I'll see you all very soon!!